Political Action Group
- Coordination with District and Town governments and other associations (including FOCA) on major policy initiatives that affect the lakes (e.g., boating activity, speed limits, watercraft safety, environmental management, heritage protection).
- Monitor District of Muskoka Planning Activities related to:
- Water Quality; and
- Natural and Built Heritage Policies.
- Encourage the Town of Gravenhurst to accept land as part of its 5% parkland dedication process to add to the inventory of public lands on the lake.
- Such lands would remain as conservation lands and could include lands with environmental significance (wetlands, etc); and
- Such lands could eventually be added to the Land Trust inventory.
- Work with the Town to develop the criteria for accepting lands for parkland dedication.
- Work with the Town to restrict the uses of pesticides and herbicides.